photo browse_zpstczoha3q.jpg

 photo home_zpsnmdedl5x.jpg    photo dash_zps2zechm8p.jpg    photo office_zpspk8bom4r.jpg    photo dash_zps2zechm8p.jpg    photo garden_zpsawaeyxz5.jpg    photo dash_zps2zechm8p.jpg    photo Fashion_zpswsmth4ju.jpg    photo dash_zps2zechm8p.jpg    photo holiday_zpss0r0l0q7.jpg

How To Make 100% Cotton Pillow/Doll Stuffing

The other day a little hole on my pin cushion ripped open even more, to the point the stuffing was falling out. I decided to give the old cushion new life with fresh stuffing and a cute patch. While I was at it, I wanted to re-stuff a couple cat toys.  I was disappointing to find that the fabric store only had large bags of polyester filling. I only needed a tiny volume and didn't want to buy polyester. So I went home and made my own small batch of 100% cotton stuffing!!

DIY Cotton Batting


diy cotton batting stuffing

Here is how I did it: I took some scrap fabric (I used all 100% cotton fabrics) and cut the scraps into small pieces.

diy cotton batting stuffing

diy cotton batting stuffing

I put the pieces in a blender and pulsed the machine on "grind" for about a minute. Then I pulsed on "whip" for a couple minutes. Simply stop when the fabric is at your desired texture.

diy cotton batting stuffing

I stopped when all the fabric pieces were small threads and fuzz.

diy cotton batting stuffing


diy cotton batting stuffing

This stuffing is a great more natural alternative to regular polyester stuffing.