Wednesday, September 14, 2011

DIY: Dapper Pet Collar

With both my cats dressed to impress, I am regularly asked where I bought their dapper dress shirt looking collars.  The secret is that I made them in one minute for less than a dollar!!  These collars are great to make for a costume, special occasion, or just to wear for the heck of it!




All you need is a baby dress shirt (or larger depending on the size of your pet).  I found this one at a yard sale for a quarter...thrift stores are also a great place to find a shirt for cheap.   This one is a 6-12 month size, which fits my cats perfectly.  Although this shirt has buttons, I find it best to use a shirt with snaps because it is easier to take on and off my pets.
You will also need scissors...that's it!  No sewing needed!


Fold the collar of the shirt up


Cut just under the seam that is below the top button/snap where the collar is sewn to the rest of the shirt.




Cut all the way around the collar until it is completely removed


*please recycle the rest of the shirt however you wish:  garage rags, sewing project...



No comments:

Post a Comment